If you’re looking for a good time, Georgia is the place to be. Both Tbilisi and Batumi offer a variety of nightlife options that will keep you entertained until the early hours of the morning.
However, life in Georgia is going very fast, everyone is rushing somewhere, there are many traffic jams and the street are crowded during peak hours. The feeling that everyone are late somewhere is normal. If you are considering a trip, or moving to live here, there are some interesting facts to stir your curiosity.
From nightclubs and bars to theatres and casinos, there’s something for everyone in Georgia’s two biggest cities. So put on your party shoes and get ready to have some fun!
6 fun things to do in Georgia
Georgia has a lot to offer when it comes to nightlife. Here are five of our favorite things to do in Tbilisi and Batumi after dark:
- Visit a nightclub: Georgia is home to some of the best nightclubs in Eastern Europe. If you’re looking to dance the night away, head to Bassiani or Cafe Gallery in Tbilisi, or Club Velvet in Batumi.
- Go to a bar: For a more relaxed evening, check out one of Tbilisi’s many bars. I recommend Barfly for craft beer lovers and Bauhaus for those who appreciate good design. Alternatively, try Art Café Nine line in Batumi for stunning views of the cityscape.
- See a show: Georgia is known for its vibrant theatre and film scenes. Catch a play at the Tbilisi Opera and Ballet Theatre or see a movie at Amirani Cinema. Or, if you’re in Batumi, take in a show at the legendary ARGO Factory.
- Try your luck at a casino: Georgia has several casinos where you can test your luck. The most popular ones are located in Tbilisi’s Marriott Hotel and the Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel.
- Go clubbing: For an unforgettable clubbing experience, head to Bassiani in Tbilisi or Club One Hundred in Batumi. You’ll be dancing until dawn!
- Georgia also has some great sulfur baths. The most famous one is in Tbilisi and is called the Tbilisi sulfur bath. It’s located in the Old Town district and is said to have healing properties. So if you’re feeling a bit sore after a night on the town, a visit to the Tbilisi sulfur bath is just what you need!
A guide to Tbilisi nightlife
The capital of Georgia is Tbilisi. Tbilisi boasts a population of around three million people and an area of seven hundred square kilometers. The city is located on the banks of the Mtkvari River and is surrounded by mountains. Tbilisi is known for its beautiful architecture, its lively nightlife scene, and its friendly people.
As Georgia’s capital city, Tbilisi is the place to go if you’re looking for a good time. Here are some of the best nightlife spots in Tbilisi:
- Bassiani: This techno club is one of the most popular nightlife destinations in Tbilisi. Located in an abandoned swimming pool, Bassiani attracts locals and visitors from all over the world.
- Cafe Gallery: If you’re looking for a more laid-back evening, head to Cafe Gallery. This hipster bar is known for its excellent cocktails and relaxed atmosphere.
- Barfly: Beer lovers will feel right at home at Barfly. This cozy bar has a huge selection of craft beers from Georgia and abroad.
- Bauhaus: Bauhaus is a stylish bar located in Tbilisi’s Old Town. This is the perfect place to enjoy a drink while taking in the beautiful architecture of the city.
- Art Café Nine line: Located on top of a hill, Art Café Nine line offers stunning views of the cityscape. This is the perfect spot for an evening coffee or glass of wine.
- Mtatsminda Park: Mtatsminda Park is the perfect place to enjoy some fresh air and stunning views of Tbilisi. After dark, the park comes alive with locals and visitors enjoying the nightlife scene.
A guide to Batumi nightlife
Batumi is Georgia’s second-largest city with a population of around two hundred thousand people. The city is located on the coast of the Black Sea and is known for its sandy beaches, its palm-lined promenades, and its lively nightlife scene. Batumi is also Georgia’s main port city and is a popular tourist destination.
Georgia’s Black Sea resort town of Batumi is the perfect place to enjoy some fun in the sun – and after dark! Here are some of our favorite nightlife spots in Batumi:
- Club Velvet: Club Velvet is one of the most popular nightclubs in Batumi. This huge club attracts locals and visitors from all over Georgia.
- ARGO Factory: The ARGO Factory is a legendary theatre in Batumi that has been entertaining audiences for centuries. If you’re looking for a truly unique experience, check out a show at the ARGO Factory.
- Club One Hundred: Club One Hundred is one of the hottest clubs in Batumi. This huge club has several dance floors and an outdoor terrace with views of the cityscape.
Whether you’re looking for a wild night out or a more relaxed evening, Georgia has something to offer. So put on your dancing shoes and get ready to have some fun! Georgia awaits!
Lifestyle in Georgia
Most of the population in Georgia wakes up at 7 or 8 AM. Working hours starts at 9 or 10 AM and traffic jams are also frequent during this period. In the biggest cities, such as Tbilisi, Batumi, Kutaisi, you will meet traffic jams every day.
There is no way to get rid of them unless you use the metro in Tbilisi. During working hours everyone uses a 1-hour break if desired, can spend time in the office with colleagues, take a walk to lunch in a cafe with staff or visit family and have lunch with them.
Working hours in Georgia finishes at 6 or 7 PM and everyone has to decide what to do after, go home and take care of families, study, take a walk, watch a movie, go out with friends or just stay home and rest.
What can you do after work
When talking about what to do in Tbilisi after work, several possibilities can be discussed. To be more specific, there are many ways to have fun in Georgia and especially in Tbilisi and Batumi. In summer, during the active period of tourism, Batumi offers amazing adventures, with sunny days, sports and fun entertainments, delicious Georgian national dish and Adjaruli khachapuri.
You can visit many museums in Tbilisi, such as the Museum of Illusions[RE1] , the National Museum[RE2] , Tbilisi History Museum, [RE3] the Museum of Love and others. Cinema is one of the most entertaining activities for young people.
There are many people who love movies in Georgia, that is why, on Wednesdays, this specially chosen day, a special offer is imposed. Each ticket costs only 5 GEL (National Currency), which is about $2. Those who are obsessed with sports will not really get bored in Georgia.
There are plenty of gyms and swimming pools, a treadmill and a horse riding places. In a hot summer, or warm autumn days you can take a walk around Turtle lake or Lisi lake, which are easy to arrive. Georgia is one of the most famous places in Europe for nightlife as well. Here you will meet such famous nightclubs as Basiani [RE4] and Khidi.[RE5]
Shops and working hours in Georgia
Georgia is an eastern part of Europe. It is distinguished from Central Europe by several sharply delighted regulations. Due to the fact that Georgia is not yet a member of the European Union, the local legislation is slightly different from the EU legislation.
For example, in Georgia you will find many shops and pharmacies that work 24 hours a day and are open to customers. Also, product stores in Georgia are not closed earlier, but at 10 o’clock at night. Sunday is not a public holiday for shop owners like in many Central and Western European countries. Alcohol restrictions are also much lighter.
For example, a young person is not allowed to buy alcohol, although an adult is not restricted to buy alcohol at night, as it is in the case of Lithuania.
Eating habits in Georgia
Cost of living in Georgia has risen up after Russian invasion of Ukraine. Flow of Russian population in Georgia has risen demand on living and everyday supplies, which affected on market.
Likewise, living in Georgia is not expensive; oppositely, compared to other European countries it is extremely cheap. While having your money in USD or Euro, this country is for you because with this currency you can buy 3 times more of national money.
Taking all of abovementioned factors, we can say that food, ingredients or even ready meals are cheaper then you can expect. With this link, you can find average prices of living in Georgia.
You can buy vegetables, butter, bread, oil, meat in a supermarket and cook your favourite national or native dish home, or you can visit any of Georgian restaurant and have breakfast/lunch/dinner/suffer there. None of them is going you to cost much money.
When talking about cooking and dishes you should know that Georgia has extraordinary delicious cuisine. You can taste Khatchapuri, Khinkali, Mtsvadi, Ghomi, Otri, Tolma, Nigvziani Badridjani and etc[RE6] .
For those who want to serve dishes from other countries, you will meet restaurants built in the culture of many different countries in Georgia. There are many cultural cuisines of Asian, [RE7] Ukrainian, French, Indian, Arab countries here.
Also, for those who especially like fast food, you will enjoy McDonald, KFC, Burger King, Wendy’s in many places Georgia. For Ice-cream lovers we have brand Luca Polare[RE8] . It produces products based on Italian recipes. You will also find Basque Robbins in the Georgian market.
Tourism and Hiking in Georgia
Whether you are a serious hiker or just a beginner, you are a tourist wishing to see stunning landscapes, Georgia offers a wide range of hiking opportunities from the Black Sea coast to the Caucasus Mountains. Most of the beautiful areas are very remote (including Koruldi Lake, Tobavarchkhili lake, Kelitsadi lake, Udziro lake, black rock lake) involving intense trekking and camping under the stars. If time is short, however, there still are some routes easily covered in a day. Here are our pick of the best: Sighnaghi, Mtskheta, Kazbegi, Bordjomi, Abudelauri lakes, Davit Gareji Lavra, Uplistsikhe;
When we talk about sightseeing in the country, we should definitely mention the domestic tours that many companies plan and carry out. These tours include the suburbs of Tbilisi or the sights of different regions. Tours can be for 1 day or several days, depending on the distance to the place and the time required for viewing.
Those who follow a healthy lifestyle, there are many places in Georgia for walking, jogging and other physical activities. Anyone can visit gyms, pools or take a walk and run outside, in the fresh air.